WebGL Progress

I feel like even if Webgl becomes playable, the game will still be boring because basically the core player base of this game or loyal players are gone.

1 Like

Lol, you can never be happy :grin:

Andrea says PC setup and internet speed have got nothing to do with the gameā€™s lag and such. But many people are reporting otherwise. Iā€™m confused. What really is the problem?

1 Like

Yes Rja you are absolutely right.
Also the servers are ruined.Why cant they keep simple names for the servers(just my opinion):grin:
And yeah most of the players have gone.:confused:

2 Likes

Lol, sorry if you feel like i am being negative. Iā€™m just saying this from my point of view lol. No matter how good the game gets without those core players around anymore I donā€™t think the game will ever be as fun as it used to be. Iā€™m speaking from the POV of an old player. Of course you guys might get new players, so you probably donā€™t care about the oldies leaving but hey, thatā€™s life.

1 Like

its a new start to wait a bit players will come back and also new players would join.[quote=ā€œRja12, post:133, topic:2613ā€]
No matter how good the game gets without those core players around anymore I donā€™t think the game will ever be as fun as it used to be.
[/quote]

You know everything is running in a circle so if old players left new would surely join. Its just about the time and when you have waited so long for this to happen im sure you wont mind few more months for few old players to come back and new players become core players core players.

Yup.

I didnā€™t said that.
I said delay, not lag. If u are confused with differences between lag and delay, huge post about it is up.
Also u donā€™t need to have hardcore internet speed, nor PC that costs 1k and up. My PC setup costed me year ago about 500-600$. 2-4 gb RAM can be a problem, ofc if ppl can afford better, they will go for it, but with 2-4gb RAM can play small games and not to run anything heavy. On laptops even worse.

Many old players left in period when there was 4 hackers per room, not since Webgl.

Edit: If u donā€™t want to share ur spec, itā€™s fine, but no one canā€™t help u in return. Install Speccy, Itā€™s pretty handy to have, with 1 click all ur PC info is there and temperature of it.

It might just be me, but is a PC setup of $1,000 even possible? I mean if youā€™re having a setup just to run FFT maybe it is. But, if youā€™re a gamer, most of us on here are (I think) a thousand dollar setup would barely qualify as a decent setup.
Well, not atleast for me :joy:

My setup specs might be a huge upgrade for some but not much for others,

This is mine,

Specs:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
Intel iCore i5-7500
Msi gaming motherboard (Donā€™t quite remember)
24 gigs of ram
1080p display (almost everyone should have this by now)

Equipment:

Gamdias Erberos mouse
Gamdias Hermes keyboard
Dell monitor

Pretty much yeah.

Actually many players left during the hacking season, but there were still a lot of us left that played through the hacking season including me. Once webgl came about the rest of the loyal players abandoned the game and stopped playing because the game is not the same.

U did because u were a mod and same went for me then. But game was in that state which was more unplayable than now.

@SoulFlare u have way better setup than me lol. That what u have would cost me more than 1k. Ppl buy graphics that costs around 500$, same for motherboards, so ye, u can make even 5k PC if u want xD

Lmao fr my setup should be around 3-4k$.

For people with lower specs, they drool over mine :joy::joy:

Yeh I read second time now and saw what u meant, tired these days xD

Depends for needs. 24 gb as example is just useless for me or for any person that is not hardcore gamer and streamer/youtuber. Would end up with 14 gb not even used. 1070 for sure is a great graphics, but again, I donā€™t personally need it. I would, if I constantly buy lastest games or something like that. Since I donā€™t, again, for that I donā€™t need better.

16gb, GTX 1050, motherboard similar to mine or the same costs under 1k and that is really decent setup.

Note: I have 8gb and from that used 4 gb. Other special note would be how I simple donā€™t have for 3-4k PC, if I really have a lot of money and dunno what to do with it, then maybe I would invest in that expensive PC xD

Not really. That helped, because I could help kick hackers. But I always found myself staying in smaller rooms with my friends regardless of the hackers and I actually enjoyed playing. Me being a mod had nothing to do with it.

1 Like

Not sure, but I think u are wrong with dates. Game was nice and a lot of old player base played during fall-winter 2014. and start of 2015. Also nice lft+ matches. Paddy quit 2015. Players that Iā€™ve seen in period of massive hacking, which was 2016, was lmfat, TheOne, Slim, Hawk, some of old latino community, u were around, and maybe few more ppl which counts max 5 names. And when we went on discord using mic and played for trolls.
Arif, Pad, TP, Blade, 13, Cris, Vince and so on were not around at all. Cumi was a bit around, but that was shortly.

I mean I see ur point by saying that old player base is not around, just explaining it it came in rough time with massive hack that was updated more than FFT as game and itā€™s understandable why ppl quit. Just check how many ppl from old player base posts here since we moved on this forum. Constantly same names and only few.

1 Like

I forgot most epic duo during their activity - Jazzy and Meatcove. xD

Actually all the first gen players quit early on right before the hacking phase. That was people like Janiye, Kelfer, Glock, etc. There was quite a few first gen players left after that period like me, SS, Pad, Rob, etc and around that time the second gen players starting coming in. When the hacking started most of the first gen players finished leaving completely.

Around that time there was massive amounts of new pros that already came in combined with older people. Idk why you think only about few pros were on during the hacking phase. Combined with all the Spanish players, popular players, unpopular pros, and the regulars there were massive amounts of people playing at once.

You forget people like Darkarena, toad, someonepro, nemesis, someonepro, Funny, Pis, huffy, Invis, robo, immortal, ronney, packet, nate, mah, siddu, ellie, 159, Alex, Nico, Fifa, hector, Arfax and loads of other people who played through some or all of the hacking phase. Blade,13, and Vince played through some of the hacking phase as well but not all of it. There are way more people I can think of that played during the hacking phase then just ā€œmax 5 namesā€. So thatā€™s wrong.

I can think of way more names but Iā€™m not going to spam and make a huge post tbh. All the players I named plus all the pros I didnā€™t name are gone basically.

1 Like

Nico, Inv, Arfax active. Packet came back near end and PIS idk when he played since i wasnā€™t only in his time zone.
Pro quit before id.net. Toad as well, except one short period, which was only few days. Siddu too. Rob as well, check date of his last log in.
159 banned for hacking. Ronney banned for hacking. Since when FaR played it? He never stay to finish one match. And huffy lol? He quit long ago. Fifa was active in that period and everyone from ur list end of 2014 - start of 2015. Might not seem like that, but time passed fast.

All names that u said were active, but that was 2+ years ago. Trust me, I was there every single day over 5h in FFT, it would be stupid if I donā€™t know names and who was active. First ppl quit because game didnā€™t move anywhere. Later because of of massive hack. That few which was left might quit now. But number of them? Less than 20.

2+ years ago lmao? When I was playing FFT when Id took over I saw all these players at some point. Im not saying they played 24/7, but they did play the game within the 6 or 7 months ID has had the game because I physically use to see them. Idk why you wonā€™t understand that mostly everyone that were on regularly left because of webgl and the whole unity mess. Many people still canā€™t play because the accounts with kong are screwed. The fact that you said these people left 2+ years ago baffles me, when I just saw these people a few months ago :joy::joy:.

Edit: I noticed you said ā€œthe few left might quit nowā€. They already did lmao. When the game is up and running ok youā€™ll probably see a tad bit of older people along with noobs that no one knows. Everyone in our discord no longer plays FFT either. The loyal community FFT had was a big reason it never died back then. When FFT started there would only be about 2 rooms filled with loyal players and the whole game would be empty. Only the people that started playing FFT at the very first stage like me and ss would know this. As much as the developers dont care about losing older players, they should because we were a big part of the game staying alive and growing because we stuck around till the end. Those noobs that came and left never brought as much as the regular players did.

I think part of the reason the older players are gone completely and havenā€™t come back is cause the game isnā€™t on Kongregate, and Kongregate was really where the older players played and participated in the forum. Tbh though, just about every time I went on during the hacking period I would see at least one pro or name I recognized, and it was usually different about every time.

Tbh this whole argument is a waste of time idk why you guys are even arguing. Then again I have more retarded arguments with uberā€¦

Lately the lobby on kong was always pretty dead though. When a lot of older players were online the kong chat would be pretty lit and active. These past few months when FFT was on kong when I would visit kong, no pros would be online and their would only be a few people in the chat. Many people left and many people moved to the official site too like me.[quote=ā€œBelisaurius11, post:147, topic:2613ā€]
Then again I have more retarded arguments with uberā€¦
[/quote]

True True True. xD

Y8 Games