WebGL Progress

do we not know that the server is in EU and weve just been so comfortable with US servers because we are privileged americans that always have US servers but now we dont

EDITED/CHANGED: I revert my previous statement i just played for the first time in 3/4 months and my FPS was fine but my ping was 700, when i usually lag in FFT both are simultaneously dogshit so i see that its server-side.

You said the game runs smoothly for u without any lag.

You also said that the problem is with webgl and future updates would make it better.

So from this i deduced that the lag people are experiencing has got nothing to do with having an average PC or an average internet speed.

Here, you said that lag is a personal thing and is related to browser cache, having bad internet, bad pc etc. But you have said previously that the lag will be fixed with future webgl releases, regardless whether one has a bad pc or bad net so iā€™m wondering why u would say two contradictory things.

On top of it all, people have reported that the game started running smoothly just by merely upgrading their pc specs. So iā€™m very confused as to what the problem really is.

Let me rephrase and ask the question again. What is the root cause for the gameā€™s unbearable lag? Is it related to our pc/internet speed? Or is it because of the current webgl version?

Here are my pc specs if you wanna know. I basically have two laptops, one hardcore and one mediocre.

HP Pavilion dv7
Processor: Intel core i7-7500U upto 3.50GHz
RAM: 16GB

Toshiba Satellite C660-20H
Processor: Intel core i5-2410M @ 2.30GHz
RAM: 3GB

Iā€™ve played FFT on both and the webgl version lags on both.

4 Likes

This shit iz real. Mineā€™s only i3? :frowning:

1 Like

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention 2GB dedicated NVIDIA 940MX graphic card :joy:
This is all overkill just for playing fft though, i3 will easily get the job done.

Not sure do u understand simple thing as this is. Old player base for me have value that made me personally get interested in game to learn it more and improve my gameplay. But not everyone is me. And not everyone gonna look on FFT as I did.
If u saw some of these players, should we really count how they come and played 3-4 days in half year? I am not pointing on breaks which is reasonable with any game, but many of these ppl came and played maybe 10 matches in half year and more. Huffy quit when I reached Mar, he was on forum bit longer (which I donā€™t see how is it connected with activity in the game). Pro quit and came back a bit in massive hack period, then raged and quit again. Since then, he wasnā€™t online. Other thing is Kong as Beli said and ppl play on guest accs. I did see old players on guest accs or blunt on lft. acc. I did quit this game as well. Moved to other games, it was fun while it lasted, but itā€™s not fun for me for a very long time now.
Other thing is how in profit lays more in new players than old players. U said how old player base stick with the game since start and made it active, but on the other hand, FRG didnā€™t have any profit. Why so?
So these are 2 different perspectives. One really subjective which shows how u are bounded for old player base. And other one which is objective look on some situation and realistic why game didnā€™t have any profit for a very long time.
Ppl quit games all the time and it doesnā€™t even have to be related to the game itself. health, hobby, family, uni, work. Just because u stick with the game for almost 5 years, tell me 10 more ppl who did the same thing. That first gen was wiped long ago. Before massive hack and far before Webgl.

Reducing the lag that ppl complains which means Joll gonna try to pull max out of it and make it better for worse setups.
Also, forgot to mention, depends on country and server. Ofc that someone from Africa who lagged and had red ping before canā€™t expect to play in EU server and have game smooth as someone who is from EU (just example).

What I mainly meant there was delay that everyone has and how ppl canā€™t make a difference between lag and delay. And if ppl canā€™t make a difference, hardly that I can see what they see on their screens, to magicly know their internet speed, OS, and PC spec. Webgl is connected sorta with it since before bad PCs could handle it, now they canā€™t. Such as 32-bit, 2GB RAM which are over 5 years old PCs.

Like ur second laptop no way to run FFT smoothly. First one should do far better. Also, PC can handle more than laptop.Is ur internet connected directly with cable or wi-fi, on laptop?

1 Like

What really confuses me is how the game will work fine on one computer, and then the other computer which is almost exactly the same you can barely play it.

They both have 8GB RAM, 64-bit Windows, i5 Processor. Only difference is oneā€™s a solid state drive and the other isnā€™t. Same internet, same house, almost same specs.

That ā€˜almostā€™ can make a difference sometimes. Also, since I had that issue, might be that one of ur PCs is getting better internet speed than other one. What PC of my bro was doing is sorta stealing my internet and he actually had better internet than I did.

The people you named arenā€™t first Gen players, you donā€™t know the first gen players except the ones who continued to play. I only brought them up to say the impact they had when the game started because the devs donā€™t care if their loyal players quit but they actually played a huge part in the game becoming a little more active.

After being friends and knowing pretty much every pro player in FFT over the years let me tell you why they quit the game.

1. Like you said personal stuff like schoolā€¦whatever.
  2. Biggest reason the early players left was because of lack of updates/no attention from devs.
  3. Hacking phase that went on for like a year.
  4. Webgl, which is the most recent reason why me and a lot of my friends that played FFT quit. Pretty much no one likes it.
  5. Many people canā€™t access their kong accounts.

So Iā€™m not saying everyone quit after webgl because thatā€™s not true. But most of the people that were left like me, ss, and many many many more people left after the webgl update. I would still be playing if the old version with hackers was still here. @Nox

3 Likes

I sorta said the same and I do agree on what u said up, except the last part.
YOU might play in game that is hacked a lot. That doesnā€™t go for many other players. So picture is way bigger than Ryan as player or Andrea as player. It doesnā€™t even matter who.
At this moment game looks like this, who donā€™t like these changes, feel free to leave, u are not chained. Generally speaking, if someone donā€™t like something about any game, why would anyone force himself to stay in it and repeat on forum how bad it is?

So the problem is related to bit of both, our PC/net speed and due to the webgl version. Thanks for clarifying this. Questions like these were never answered properly for some reason and people were kept in the dark.
Iā€™ve played the game over both LAN and wifi and itā€™s pretty much the same experience. Itā€™s not like super bad but Iā€™m just not used to the occasional lag and jittering.

2 Likes

It sorta has to be like that, main reason is saving data on browser. Browsers memory canā€™t compare with memory directly on ur PC. Thats why before even really old PCs could handle web player. I played even then on most fastest graphics as option, never switched to more heavy for better graphics in the game, had some weird lag spikes.

Like I said and show, I donā€™t have lag. Issues that I have with game is delay (webgl which should be next update of unity) and missing sound/wrong sound. Which is game issue and changed when platform changed, hopefully that will be fixed (pointed on it multiple times, canā€™t do more than that).

The thing here is what many ppl donā€™t understand either that some things needs to be fixed by unity, not by id.net devs, they canā€™t do anything about it. Webgl is also in beta. Other problem is how while devs works on updating the game by fixing and making a new map (btw, different devs are for fixing and a new map), then everyday they read how something is bad, but when nice change is done, no one says a word about it. Donā€™t worry, I am bugging them half year for every single thing to fix, they donā€™t have to read it every day how bad it is.

Fun fact:
One dav asked me what is ā€˜money ballsā€™ in code and is something like that exists in the game. There are some funny words in codes that agoaj made up and now no one got clue what they stand for or it take a while to figure out. So that job is not easy at all.

1 Like

Webgl would love it :laughing:

Game is still heavy and need a little high to mid end processors to run but with future update it will run better on low end computers.

good enough to run webgl

if you upgrade the ram to 8gb should be good to run FFT.

Can you give me more details like processor number because 1st gen i5 and 7th gen i5 can really make huge huge difference.[quote=ā€œAres4, post:160, topic:2613ā€]
Iā€™ve played the game over both LAN and wifi and itā€™s pretty much the same experience.
[/quote]

yes it doenst change anytihing unless you have really weak wifi signal

1 Like

One is 4th gen and the other is 7th gen.

I stick with AMD FX-6300, which is six-core processor. Never had experience with Intel ones, except on laptop.

The one laptop I used to use that had an AMD processor sucked.

If laptop is really old, itā€™s not only proc fault xD Like mine is haha

Itā€™s a relatively new one too. It sucked from the beginning.

Y8 Games