Why blaster is actually surprisingly balanced

Many of you think blaster is broken, but it’s actually not.

His Q pushes you back, that’s it, and it’s on a horribly long cooldown, only thing it’s good at is repelling the tanks and thus preventing them from stunlocking you.

His E, is a dash, it deals little damage and a minor stun, and it doesn’t give more crits either, its good as a mobility skill and maybe as a gap closer, but it doesn’t have much range so you won’t get the stun often, plus if you micro at the same time you use this you end up taking it to the face, which is obviously not good, not a great skill.

His rocket launcher is basically the a slightly weaker assault rifle, which stuns every now and then, main use is to use it while approaching an enemy to deal extra damage, but when the enemy is coming at you it might be better to just switch to your minigun, and if you’re chasing somebody the rockets will just miss, and blaster isn’t the fastest so they’ll most likely get away, not that threatening of a weapon.

His minigun is a nice weapon, due to its good damage, it’s knockback is good against tanks, but it just seems like an overall weaker version of the flamethrower, but due to his high health it does the job well enough, a balanced weapon.

Everybody hates his micro but I don’t get why, it’s not as op as it seems, it spreads out at range, so it can’t be used like the shatter bomb, plus it’s hard to aim, doesn’t give a debuff, is surprisingly limited, since you use it so much in order to deal damage, and the knockback blaster has works against it, making it easier to dodge and deal less damage, and it doesn’t deal THAT much damage, around 60% for lights, 40% for mediums and 30% for heavies, overall it’s good, but not op.

So there are my reasons on why blaster is balanced, heck it might even need a buff, maybe a minigun damage increase?

Alinon when u gonna learn how to play the game :confused:
Blaster has higher resistance on his Q as well as push, his E is identical as Tanks E and crits are random not something u can do on purpose (except ds) and HRL doesn’t have insane damage unless u play a squishy char, but it DOES have a knock down which is worse than having a more damage. Micro is easy to aim and all u should do is use it on a closer range. Or u played against terrible blasters or u played terrible a blaster because even average ones can pull this off.

Or using other words, very little effort to have high damage and a lot of kills, thats why ppl hate Blasters. Shatter bomb is op but shatter miss or hit, and very often miss, but even if u don’t fully hit with blasters micro it still does a lot of damage (and u use minigun and micro at the same time)

rarely we see a blaster nowadays so sad !!

2 Likes

The most balanced map would have to be either training arena or shuttle bay. Training arena is a large map with open space, which puts blaster at a slight disadvantage due to his speed (still a great class though). Shuttle bay is very balanced because of all the walls and places you can hide. If a blaster were to approach you from the left or right corridors while you are capping, a character like gunner or assassin can easily jump through the open roof and escape, and setup for a counter-attack. Also, while you escape, an ally team-member can attack the blaster while you cover him.

Within these 2 maps I would say blaster is only a little OP, and is significantly better on moon base and space station.

The problem is in knock down when u try to escape or even stun with micro. But Gunner still can take down blaster in space station without too much of issues.

Hi
Do you remember me?

Ken is a blaster user :smiley:
Sometime I got rekt by him XD

Is that Mar. Ken388?
If so, I think the guy who created this topic should 1v1 him. Without blaster, cuz he says it isn’t op.

I play blaster if I’m looking to get a high kill score, but what I get the most fun out of nowadays is playing shocker offensively rather than defensively.

hihi

Y8 Games