WebGL Progress

I hate crits too :persevere:

Please read the rules before you post

Link me to the thread Andrea referred to. You know, the one where you answered everyone’s questions. EDIT: Ankit, I didn’t use any profane language. Those were figures of speech. They weren’t expletives.

@Andrea, the old FFT actually did have Asia servers. Honestly, they should just revert it to that. It ran much better anyway…

@Ankit,I honestly don’t understand what the goal of this game is for the devs anymore. Not even trying to be mean, but can you help me understand?
Are you trying to make money?
What is the future of the game?
What will it look like?
These are not rhetorical questions, so please answer them here or message me even if you’ve answered them in another thread. Just to be clear, I am not insulting you in any way in this post, since apparently I have to specify that.

Also, is there any particular reason all classes and abilities aren’t unlocked for all players yet?

1 Like

But not accepted here so be careful next time.[quote=“Blade47, post:91, topic:2613”]
@Andrea, the old FFT actually did have Asia servers. Honestly, they should just revert it to that. It ran much better anyway…
[/quote]

I’ll answer this as I have answered many many times before, unet dont work in webgl yet and unity is working on it so there is noting we can do about it except waiting for unity to fix it and the only solution we left is with Photon server which is a managed service and it have ping issues we knows very well but since its not managed by us, there is nothing we can do.

we are hoping unity to fix unet issue in next update so we can go back to the old setup.

we buy this to make money [quote=“Blade47, post:91, topic:2613”]
What is the future of the game?
[/quote]

We can see a bright future

I dont say it will be 100 percent same game as before because webgl is different platform and yes we have to make little changes to make it work and if you have experience with games on different platforms you might also knows all big games works differently in browsers/mobile and consoles even pc version.

the only issue with some people here they are you not ready to accept the fact webplayer is dead and webgl is a different technology and instead of comparing it with old webplayer version if you see it as a new game you can surely see lot of positives.[quote=“Blade47, post:91, topic:2613”]
Also, is there any particular reason all classes and abilities aren’t unlocked for all players yet?
[/quote]

game is still in beta and other option we might have to not offering beta because its not ready than you might have nothing to say or argue with id.net team but we decided to offer beta because we know its still worth it for lot of players and they loves it, http://www.y8.com/games/freefall_tournament check it and read comments of players of last one month since they are only playing webgl and they are happy.

so until unless someone try to see the whole big picture I doubt anyone can help them because this game is for mass audience and they love it so we’ll keep the beta open and running.

1 Like

Are you referencing Andrea tbh

1 Like

Lol again Andrea :joy:

Blade that step should have been made when it got greenlit (don’t memr at this pls), which is far in the past.

P.S. Not allowed to use figures of speech, what is this…

Thanks, Ankit. One other question, and this is really an important one: do you guys have the money to keep updating FFT? As in, will you keep working on it even if it isn’t making a profit? No cash was FRG’s issue, but is it yours as well? Id.net has more resources, right?

Well he can’t write 1 comment without mentioning my name clearly.

Blade I said FFT from 2014. not from early start which was gone pretty fast. So really not sure why are u correcting me on this one, since FFT didn’t have Asian servers since I play it and until it was sold.

FRG is small company, about 20 ppl (unlike id.net). With FFT they had to rely on other sites and that was sorta sharing profit (just not for official site) plus they didn’t have a profit at all from FFT. Lets say like this to be more clear, if 200 ppl pay 10$ each month, then it would have a profit (only in-game buying stuff). Otherwise, it’s barely just covering server costs and it didn’t even run on expensive servers. Id.net is working towards to profit from it and to make players happy about game. So it’s a win/win for both sides.

There wasn’t any actual gain money wise, they kept the game alive because they cared about it

okay cool. do u have any clue when it will be better again? like, will webgl perform better than unity did? even unity was pretty choppy at times, but atm webgl is even worse. will this change?

I should explain this better since it seems to me that 99% of ppl don’t understand this.
Lag - it doesn’t exist. It will exist if ur browser is full of cache, bad internet (which is personal thing), really bad PC (because now everything is saved on browser unlike web player version which saved all directly on ur PC memory).
Delay - ‘the walking dead’ how i called it, there is delay in hits, even deaths.This can be fixed only via updating unity webgl (and not the game itself) and id.net needs to wait on next unity update to make it live in the game. So this is not really in hands of id.net, all depends on unity.
Difference between browsers:
Chrome - less FPS, scroll on mouse switching camera.
Opera - not auto locking auto target it and sorta ‘dances’ on ur screen.
Firefox - scroll working perfectly fine, FPS goes over 50 entire game. Firefox is the best browser for FPS games.

Such things as making it working as magic is not possible because at the end, it’s a browser game.
With making it better, there is a lot of work, starting from all the things that FRG didn’t fix several years such as old bugs, fixing new bugs, game had to be re-coded from start which is actually harder than making a new game, making every single map playable. Moon base was sort of experiment and now map is not as it used to be, lag isn’t there anymore, no matter how long u play in Moon base. For all of this takes time and players not gonna notice insane difference, but on dev side and my side from testings, there is difference.

I surely understand your concern but Id.net is the big team have over 2000 games and i’m sure this can give a idea about id.net and yes we are working and will continue working on the game and we are sure about the bright future of this game.

Okay, thank you.

Andrea, I have a good computer that can run TF2/Overwatch/Paladins/Tribes Ascend on maximum settings easily. FFT is almost completely unplayable for me. And yeah, I’m on firefox. I really hope performance gets better. Is there a time frame you guys have in mind for FFT to get out of Beta? One year, two years, longer?

1 Like

Same here lol. I’m on FireFox with a good computer and I lag heavily whenever i attempt to play. I usually quit 30 seconds after joining.

1 Like

Because there wasn’t yet update that I’m playing with. Game is smooth for me.

Are you playing the webgl version? It’s smooth for you?

It is smooth for me, I don’t have any lag.

Can you record like 60 seconds of normal gameplay and post it here? You’re the first person that has said that.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7f_2wDBmqBvNXB2cjluZDlydzg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7f_2wDBmqBvbWNrdDRpcFltOGs

2 Likes
Y8 Games