WebGL Progress

i decided to see what the deal was between webgl and web player and i found this blog online comparing the two.

It is mentioned that the game performance on webgl would be much slower than on webplayer. Is this something we all should be worried about or you guys have found/will find a way around the problem?
@Ankit

they wont be as good for sure but things would improve with future webgl releases.

1 Like

i will FFT
Bye

quite

still nothingā€¦

Whoa. This game has gone down the drain. Itā€™s like it wasnā€™t enough to let it die, (Edit: Official Warning if anymore use of such words you will be banned ) I actually get really sad thinking about itā€¦

To id.net staff, I know FFT is just one game in the many your site has. But, itā€™s better than most. Itā€™s higher calibre. You guys should actually look for developers on steam to sell it to. It is definitely plausible; the game was greenlit by the steam community in its early life. I know you guys donā€™t care about the game much, but it canā€™t possibly be making you guys much money. Seriously, why donā€™t you sell it to someone who will take care of it?

1 Like

Greenlight on steam is shutting down pretty soon (if it isnā€™t already) and Blade, no one really buys game old 5 years while they can make more high quality ones (at least for Steam).

It hasnā€™t changed much this entire time, though. Is it really effectively five years old to steam developers? It hasnā€™t had a chance to grow out of beta yet. FFT is basically a new game.

FRG would told u the same. No one buys 5 year old game. And u see in codes, which u clearly donā€™t understand. Greenlight system., not only for FFT.

Compare f2p game like Paladins is, FFT is far from that.

Then let it die instead of letting it dwindle as a failed browser game. Or, give us answers regarding when your plans are going to be put into action. Itā€™s been a while since id.net bought FFT and nothing has been done for the better yet.

1 Like

In case u didnā€™t see, they started working on a new map already. Changing codes is harder than making completly a new game and these codes are really old. Many players still enjoy it, saw statistics. Maybe not u, maybe not me, but canā€™t deny that ppl donā€™t play it.

They need to get their priorities straight, then. Why would they create a new map when WebGL barely works, there are no US/EUR servers, the game is unbalanced, and the playerbase is nonexistant? Iā€™m no developer, but a new map is something you add when you have an actual game to start with.

1 Like

There are Eu and US servers, entire time. Game has now extra server, Asian one, unlike old FFT.

I agree with that. Webgl should be at least playable before they start thinking about making maps.

2 Likes

Huh. I saw nothing but Asia servers for some reason. Iā€™ll check again.

lmao i forgot to change region.

sorry ive been a dick about the new devs. it just seems even more dead than before.

2 Likes

Players are now more splitted because Asians will go in Asian server. I did found recently more players in EU and US, Asian server I donā€™t check and prolly would have extremly high ping there.

On ā€˜why would they make a new mapā€™ there is only one and actually very brutal answer, so Iā€™ll skip that.

Why do I get red ping in US servers, though?

Also, again DS isnā€™t OP. I think the only issue with DS is the increased crit possibility. Crits should be removed, not DS. You can instakill with a rail/chop crit but not with DS alone. In fact, DS is very easy to counter with almost every class. Please keep it lol. Thereā€™s no reason to change it.

1 Like

If Iā€™m not mistaken, it just displays wrong ping (number,color).

but it also feels like red ping. itā€™s possible people from other regions are just not changing their regions and thatā€™s why everyoneā€™s laggy. maybe make region lock voluntary? as in, people in certain regions have to play in those regions by default but you can change regions if you want to?

Y8 Games