The WebGL version is completely unplayable

but high ping is input delay between you and the servers, were all complaining about fps problems which usually has to do with your hardware but we all ran this game fine before so we are naturally blaming it on the one thing that changed and that is the new WebGL. we arent complaining about delay/ping we hate that the game is a next slide pls type of game

1 Like

Ping was never high, just displayed wrong which is corrected now. Ping that u had in lobby was ur actual ping.
The thing is ur PC could run is smoother because it used PC memory unlike Webgl which uses browser memory and ofc that browser is weaker than PC, no matter how good or bad PC is.

Delay comes from servers to everyone, including me. Like slow recharge on force field which makes me recive more dmg on hp than I normally would. Laggers gonna be laggers no matter what, a lot ppl had 300 ping before and played it so most likely these gonna exist now too.

what part of this isnt making sense, and the delay from servers is ping thats what server-side delay is its ping thats what its called

1 Like

assuming i have a constant perfect internet connection which most of the time i do because im in a college dorm, then if the servers are in LA I have 110 ping, servers in Chicago I have 45 ping, servers in NY I have 30 ping. ping (the delay between me and the servers whenever i push a button) isnt the problem its constant packet loss/fps issues

It doesnt make sense because as I said, I had on FF 50 fps or over that i donā€™t lag, but ppl complain on lag mixing DELAY and LAG. Lag is something different and incudes personal distance from servers, bad connection, bad PC, game too heavy for browser memory. Or maybe they simple run more tabs opened and that incudes Yt as well.

Delay is comming strictly from servers and user got nothing to do with it, better connection or PC wont fix it.

Also old issue that Moon base had was lag because map was bigger outside than actual playable part which was just too heavy map even for web player. But to reduce lag that came from codes/game, we did cuts on maps and made it playable.
So that sort of lag was fixed months ago and now we have 6 issues that are caused by delay and gonna work on it to remove it completly or as much as it is possible.

but i never experience that moon base lag so i know its not my computer, i never had any problems playing on any map

Every single player said the same about Moon base and maybe there was one room with players. Simple because lag was insane to unplayable level after about 5 mins, unless player left and rejoined, but lag would came back after few mins again.Now its pretty opposite, Moon base is most played maps by players and spent bunch of hours in it to check on all, didnā€™t face any lag like old one was.

Does the difference between lag and delay even matter? We all played the game smoothly before webgl, so obviously if everyone is suddenly lagging or having horrible fps itā€™s not our computer. Itā€™s basically the switch to webgl that is causing that because we never had this problem. Of course some people have shit computers so they will lag regardless before and after webgl. But for people like me who never had a problem before webgl was implemented, I know for a fact that my computer is not the problem.

2 Likes

I mean u do realise that servers are not on the same location, right? So maybe someone profit from it or his/hers ping/fps got worse.

Also another thing that is a bit annoying is constant cleaning cache which I didnā€™t do before and now I do on every 2-3 days, but I canā€™t talk in other ppl name, so idk how often they do that.

server location does not effect FPS at all
youll never understand how ping works ig ive tried to explain it so w/e

1 Like

If u have insane FPS drops, please record and post it. On Chrome and Firefox.

its not drops its constant low framerate that is very uncomfortable to play with, it used to be worse and its gotten better so ig ill just wait another 6 months for it to get better. also add a login on the official site
when i went on the OS the play as guest box came up and i had to click register then login in small letters at the bottom and for not very smart people it can be confusing

1 Like

There is log in under register, but u missed it.

thats legit what i just said, im saying its not ease-of-access UI. im suggesting you make it ease of access UI thats not the hardest thing to do it used to have a login on the OS in big letters at the top right

1 Like

legit what i just said

1 Like

Some things I want to say.

1.) I never had that lag on moon base that everyone talks about.

2.) Lag and delay are the same thing. When a youtube video is lagging itā€™s the same thing as delay. Thereā€™s a delay between you and the server and thatā€™s what lag is. A delay where everyone freezes and then you end up dead because there was a lag/delay with the server.

3.) Lag/delay are annoying but not the main reason why people quit FFT when WebGL came out. The huge problem with WebGL is the extremely low framerate. Itā€™s the most frustrating thing, plus sniping is impossible. The game is 100% different with the low framerate. The low framerate absolutely needs to get fixed for the game to progress and make money. As it is there are a bunch of other good free shooters out there that have high quality graphics, for instance Warface.

3 Likes

Playing in Webgl feels like thereā€™s a party going off in my frontal cortex with a strobe and shrill music that iā€™m not invited to. Instead i just sit in the corner nursing the worst hangover of all time while people shout, scream and teleport in time to the rhythm of the lights until it all just gets too much and im left yearning to get wheeled out to the operating theatre for the sweet relief of a labotomy to quell the pain and hopefully slip off this mortal coil in a nice relaxing pool of drool.

P.s. Warface has insanely good graphics for a freebee.

4 Likes

Youā€™re still so dramatic as ever with your words :joy::joy::joy:.

Lol this is an understatement. I tried playing using incognito (no preexisting cache) and ā€œplayingā€ the game felt like watching a slide show.

Y8 Games