The Future of Freefall Tournament

Same, nice to see most of the trolls have stayed out too.

For now at least. Fingers crossed someone like cris will be allowed to make the transition.

Is it possible to private message on here?

Click on the persons name and click message.

I am the Future of Freefall Tournament.

We are all the future of Freefall Tournament. Do not be an ethnocentricist.

Wish that was true for me >.>

Finally!

Hi Iā€™m PIS_Darkbeat in FFT.

2 Likes

Abraaz here, glad to see someone is willing to do work with the game finally! [http://imgur.com/a/bpgJy](Have an issue with changing my screenname for whatever reason.) Got any plans for facebook pages such as this one? Most of the admins in there, including me, have posted in this thread.

Hello Guys, whoever is having issues with your nickname

• You can change it before you make any post
  • If you already made a post you can change it after 1 day.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

We also Joined this facebook group as olivier.geiss

Ok good, itā€™s not really that active but still it exists.

Itā€™s a nice idea, but a lot of people donā€™t have facebook.

1 Like

My own personal goal for this game is to have 400-600 players online on a steady basis during the late afternoon when the internet is most active. I know the number of players doesnt constitute the success of a game; however, i believe that if we can fix this game and get that many players it will be the roots to making this game 1. fun for all players 2. profitable for the developers and 3. have a long and successful ā€œlifeā€.
This game averages 50-100 players online at any given time throughout the day. That is much lower than it was in 2012-2013 (understandably). But if we were there at one time then we can get there again, then after that we can push past that threshold of active players.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure there were ever 400 players playing at the same time. Then again my memory is crap. The most I can remember was 10 rooms full with 16 players each. Thatā€™s 160 right there. Add in the other half full rooms and close to full and maybe thatā€™s 250-300.

When i first started around the time i was a Sgm- Lft there were so many full rooms. More than half the servers were full during rush hour of course but still. If it can happen once then it can happen again. FFT is damn near top of the list on ID.net game center when you use the default filter ā€œqualityā€. The game will attract players, specially if it is added on Steam and other things like promoted on reddit etc.

Yes you are right, FFT was one of the top ranked game on y8 and id.net when it used to work on google chrome, but sadly things changed after google chrome stop supporting Webplayer Plugin.

If more people had read the forums (there was a thread on the issue) and FRG had reacted quicker to the problem (putting the ā€œcan not be played on google chromeā€ signs up everywhere) we would not have had such a large decline. The decline was unavoidable after the NPAPI changes however it could have been alleviated partially, with more action from FRG. Oh well the past is just that, the past. The future however looks bright.

2 Likes

The future looks very bright. What Iā€™m wondering, will we need to download a new program to play? Also, when do you guys think youā€™ll have the new plugin thing done by? I realize you guys just got the keys to the game and probably havenā€™t had much time to work on it. Just wondering about a timeline, will the first update/patch/etc be here by the end of the year or will it be more like next year?

WebGL dont need a plugin you can read more about WebGL here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebGL it will work in most modern browsers.

its really hard to give any timeline for now but we are hoping to have it in 2016 :slight_smile:

Porting to WebGL is not easy since we need to change the base technology from uLink to Photon becuase uLink have no WebGL support

Y8 Games