Suggestions

Yeah, KDR (and kills in general) don’t mean shit in FFT (unless you play TDM which I don’t) :smiley: That’s why I also usually don’t hesitate to sacrifice myself if I can (help my team) capture while doing so (no matter if I play tank or scout at the moment)… Of course I’m always happy when I have good personal stats but it’s the score that really counts and I respect that.

The problem here is…
What is a hard opponent?

I think the devs actually found the answer already - I believe I read in one of these forums (sorry, I don’t rememeber the topic) that they use some kind of formula based upon the percentage of games won for a matchmaking (that’s why the game doesn’t always put seemingly equally strong opponents (e.g. same rank) in opposite teams as you would probably expect). It may not always work good for that matter, but I guess there’s hardly a better way of determining the strength of a player, as it’s quite safe to assume that people who win most of the games are probably highly beneficial for every team, whether by direct captures or being a strong sniper, for example.

Both of u need to understand something.

Current system and system with matchmaking since the beggining of this game is ELO based. So, win/loss calculation.
If I am in team that is weaker which happened a lot of times, thats a because i have far more wins compared to that 2-3 generals in other team.
Second, there is no search time so u just enter that room. Anyone can enter in it,regardless of rank or time of the match (cheers for all defeat screens when I just spawned).

Now, to the topic of overall rank. Rank/xp is something that u earn by playing. So is game experience. U are not playing Tank better because u upgraded it and suddenly figured out how to play the game. More like, u figured out and upgraded in similar time. Rank doesn’t matter really, it’s how much is someone interested to learn the game. IN any game u gonna find ppl being higher rank than u but playing like plebs.

That G2 and G3 from ss are fairly ‘new’ players in term of time and very different ally/enemy team that was around when i played. Aka these 2 played mainly blaster if I’m not mistaken, which isn’t really skilled class, so when they switch to some other class that requires a bit more than half brain to play, they might not gonna show much/go along with ur expectations.

Last thing, win/loss. Sitting on capture point is one thing, another thing is sitting everywhere but not on point and just leaving it for the enemy team without even trying to re-cap it. These players are known as ‘kdr’ players or to translate that - ppl who don’t really care will they win or lose, they are just there to have as much kills as they can and run when they are about to get killed. Then there are simple games for ppl like me who really don’t care from time to time to cap, just to have some fun.

2 Likes

Nah, G2. 12in12 is a commando player. best commando player ive seen in my short time playing.
G3. Namsam55 is what you say, cr@ppy blaster player.

Something I’ve been wondering, shouldn’t a high kill score, like 30 or 40, deal out more xp than a kill score of 5? I go into a room, and it doesn’t seem to matter what my kill score is, the xp will always be 10 or lower, unless I’m in PL in which the most common xp dealt is 15. But never more than 15, even if I’ve been the only one capping/killing diligently.

It might not be so right now, but my suggestion is to make xp kill based as well as win based.
Like the standard 10 for a win, but also 1 xp for every 2 or 3 kills, because otherwise having a good kdr is kinda useless beyond the fun factor.

Thank you for your reply - but I think I already understand most of what you’ve said.

What you’ve actually missed is my most important point and suggestion: No matter how accurate the ranks are as a measure of player strength, I think we still really really need some way to quickly find matches with high rank players (BEFORE joining the match) - because it doesn’t really matter if certain Maj. is stronger then another G3 or even Mar. - I would still rather play a game with any of these guys (or even better, at least 3 higher rank players on the same server) than playing with 7 guests (or maybe one Cpl. or Sgt. who is still learning the very basics of the game)…

So, what do you think about this? I guess it should be definitely doable and we can only benefit from it…

Please add one more column in the game lobby, so we could see an AVERAGE RANK of the players on a particular server before joining it, just like we see the ping and the number of players.

What’s with all the hate towards blasters? :smiley: I have to say I’ve played blaster a couple of times as a free character (1574 kills with him) and to me, he actually felt like one of the weaker classes (it was definitely because of my lack of experience with him but then I can’t agree he’s “not a skill class”). Sure, it’s very easy to kill beginners with him. But when I met a skilled player, my blaster usually started to die very frequently, ultimately leading me to switch to another class with which I could perform better (heck, I even remember games where I was getting my ass kicked as a blaster and in the end I was able to win after switching to scout :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Then again, I’ve met some players who are really nasty, nearly invincible, opponents with blaster - but I guess I can say the same about tank. So, if you want to call blaster “OP”, then please at least add tank to that list too :wink:

Tanks do pretty well against blasters. A skilled rail gun shooter can take out both tanks and blaster really easily if they’re trying to cap. Skilled scouts buzz like flies around all the characters and do pretty well against every class but Bomber and Assassin.
I think any class can be OP if played by a skilled player, even an offensively played shocker ^^

I got blaster as the first class i ever bought. I got sucked into it’s power early on and played it for a while until cpt rank, then i stopped cold turkey when some better players gave me better advice. Even then i had over 5k kills with it. I haven’t played it competitievely for a long while.

I restarted played blaster a while ago. It is definetely the MOST overpowered class.
Why is blaster more OP than tank?
Because, blaster has much more mobility, thrust power and range than tank.
Heavy rocket launcher follows opponents, stacks (learn this trick, it’s sometimes very useful!) and does splash dmg.
Minigun pushes away opponents and does 2nd highest dmg in game.
micro munitions stuns and can almost instakill poor light classes.
(note i have, at some point, played both blaster and tank as a “main” class, this is an honest opinion with some experience backing it)

Sniping and tanking are the only two reliable ways to beat an expert blaster imo.

maybe you should make this game downloadable
maybe you should make 2 modes for flying (hover and… well straight forward)
maybe you should make the dead bodies be like ragdolls instead of this animation that keeps flying around or just pretend that you hit the ground hard while your in air or just fall inside the wall
maybe you should make a reload animation instead of just lifting up the front of the weapon

Xp based on kills is a bad idea. Of course than dps/heavy gonna have more kills compared to support. Plus I don’t see the big deal with xp. Got enough for 2 Marshal accs, doesn’t give me any passive boost or anything, so why would I need it? Not like there is many things to do in the game anyways.

I understand ur point but u didn’t get what I said. Ppl have multiple alt accs with high and low ranks, play as guests so doesn’t mean that low ranked/guest acc is a beginner.

I believe hate came mainly because u really don’t need effort or to be near enemies to blast them up. Probably because of Rocket Launcher and nothing else, We can argue that Tank is more op than Blaster because normally Tank won’t lose 1v1 Blaster but the difference is how when u notice Tank,u can escape. Tank goes to more skill based cap if player decides to play him like that, while Blaster is just Blaster, no matter what. As sniper, I would say it pisses me off how I get Rockets from half of the map, that deals pretty a lot of damage, auto-locked, with a knock down effect. Other than that, probably wouldn’t mind it.

Scout is pretty much anti-bomber.

Tank is faster than Blaster. Also HMG has highest range in the game but sadly broken with Webgl, most likely now u won’t hit with it even a dead body on the ground.

I know that SOME guests and low ranks are actually veterans or very gifted players who can beat high ranks.

But statistically, this is still quite rare.

I hardly ever remember having problems beating a guest or any player below Lft. rank…

The simple fact is - 90 % of the time guests and low ranks really do suck and are no competition for a skilled player.

So I don’t understand why you advocate against an (optional) way to avoid them altogether just because some of them MIGHT be actually strong and fun to play with even for G+. Fact: Most of the time they are not.

And I even think the frustration of being unable to find players with (roughly) equal skill is mutual, because just like most G+s don’t find it very amusing to play with a bunch of noobs who are no challenge for them, the people who are new to FFT don’t have much chance learning the game if they die all the time, often without really understanding what killed them and how to defend against it. I can imagine many of them even abandon FFT forever after few matches with very strong players (especially if they bump into them in their very first matches), thinking the game is unfair…

What I’m trying to say is that dropping the whole idea of giving people an opportunity to easily find players with similar rank - just because this is not a 100 % guarantee of them being equally strong - sounds like throwing the baby out with the bathwater to me…

Interesting idea.
For lower ranks like me that would be fun, 30 or so kills is my average for a normal game. So that’s 15-10 extra xp per game.

I think that extra money would be more appreciated instead of so though. Maybe 1 extra z-cash per kill. It’s quite hard to get more than 50-60 kills after the change to 8 player rooms, so it wouldn’t be too high rewards. Would it? Idk, some feedback is needed.strong text

Having reached my personal goal, yeah, it wouldn’t do much for me either, I don’t have time to bother getting to Marshall. But for all the people joining up and at lower ranks, getting xp from the more you kill, might be an encouragement for them.
But I guess the medal system would take care of that…once (if ever) it’s finally completed :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting…I’ve not had much luck with a scout against a bomber. But then again I don’t play with a mouse, so my jerky motions may have something to do with that.

Well, I don’t see much encouragement for a guest to do anything in a battle, if someone else is already winning it for them. They’re going to get the same payout no matter what as long as they stay and goof off… They could just base camp or shoot at the ground like I’ve been seeing them do, and eventually get the same payout either way. So this inspires the lazy player to stay lazy. Some sort of monetary, xp, or medal incentive might help.

Guests really don’t have any benefits from winning. Progress isn’t saved.

System that u described kinda makes no sense (logically speaking). It’s still pretty easy to get that many kills if u play shuttle from start and players keeps entering the room. Now, ofc that there will be only 1 person who gonna pick up that many kills. Then, u might didn’t read what I said above,but in harder matches support mostly pick a lot of assists. That doesn’t mean they played bad or deserved less to earn. And I do know even some players that just liked to kill steal. Lets say this is the situation: u do 99% of damage and I come and kill that enemy with 1hp left. Profit? Since there is no damage calculator, only kill one, even u technically did more than I did, awards goes to me,
If u are seeking for perfect solution, there is no any. Sure it can be better than this, but we are not talking about top tier game.
Another problem is how player base is very small so everyone is mixed. Finding high ranks was easier 3 years ago since there was at least one really good player per room and sometimes room full of those ppl. Now I don’t think there is even half of it.

U are playing shooters without mouse? Thats worse than fps/tps on controller.

So called “kill stealing” is really an interesting phenomenon in FFT :smiley: I mean, since there is actually no reward for kills (and I do agree with your points why there shouldn’t really be any), I found it absolutely hilarious when people get mad about someone “stealing their kills”. Speaking from my experience, I don’t care if anyone damaged their opponent for 99 % of their health so he feels somehow “entitled” to finish him - I shoot (and smash) everything that is not my team - because killing as many opponents as fast as WE can (remember it’s a team based game) is one of the basic principles of domination in FFT. So, there is no such thing as “your kill” - it’s yours when you finish it, not any sooner - deal with it :stuck_out_tongue: Willingly staying out of the fight just to let someone finish “their” kill can even lead to a teammate who is absolutely sure about having the upper hand getting killed by surprise retaliation (e.g. getting in the mauler mill of a heavily damaged tank), thus weakening the team, which can lead to losing a whole match in some cases. So, please understand that the teammates who “steal your kills” just do exactly what they should do to help the team win :slight_smile:

Yeah, I don’t get that either - playing FPS without a mouse is like trying to hammer a nail with a screwdriver :smiley:

Actually I’m not talking about normal kill steals, just mentioned there were ppl who did it on purpose even without being awarded for it so if there is an actual award for it, means it would be even worse lol. That’s why I said SOME players, assist is normal in basically every match.

This game is less team based, more individual. It becomes more team based if the room is full of old player base and there pretty much everyone has bad kdr, that’s how it used to work. If I can kill the entire enemy team and capture on my own, means that my team can sit in the base and wouldn’t make any difference for me. But if i play a sniper I’ll rather snipe than move butt every minute on cp because my teammates can’t do even that much.

I grow up with PC but even a bad mouse can make a drastical difference in gameplay when it comes to this type of the games, let alone controller/laptop pad. Even finding right mouse sensitivity takes time.

You’re probably right about that - just don’t tell me you ALWAYS resist the urge of hunting down a player who is already being chased by your teammate with little to no chance of survival :wink: These things just happen, I wouldn’t make a big deal out of it… :slight_smile:

The system I’m mentioning is kinda like swbf, (which fft reminds me of) where sniping, kill sprees, and generally being a good player, pays off, vs being a noob or traitor.
FFT seems to take alot of inspiration from swbf…from the light/heavy classes, to the base capture where the more people stand on the point the quicker it captures, etc. There are quite a few similarities, so I don’t think it too far fetched to make a similar system whether you are support or killing or capping. Medals earned could add special traits to your weapon, like a certain amount of kills/headshots with the rail gun, could earn you a stronger rail gun. An expert tech could get a stronger turret, or a double turret. The whole game would need to be fixed for this to work right, as it is right now, it would not be an easy thing to add I suppose.

However…I forgot about the no progress for guests thing. That there are so many that are reluctant to actually join baffles me anyways. Only takes a moment. Unless there are people joining with the name “guest” :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, the entirety of my progress has been made using a mousepad like this >
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsnyPvPM0GGwwDo2tJ-6TVKlP_IC8Np-E_L1Q-pRAXQGsJlar1eg

Every movement done with a finger jerk lol

I don’t need to chase them if I’m sniping, but they need to be really good at running :smiley:

In any game being a good player pays off xD

2 Likes
Y8 Games