Suggestions

I don’t understand.

Hi, so a few ideas for increasing the retention of new players.
These are a few things that I feel sort of shoot guests and newbies in the foot, in a manner of speaking, and addressing them should hopefully make people more likely to come back to play again, ultimately resulting in more ad revenue/in game purchases.

• Remove the ‘kills to unlock abilities’ for free classes.

• It can be difficult for new players to get kills and assists, particularly when they only have some of their abilities and are playing against more experienced players with everything already unlocked.

• Allow guests to have access to the standard class rotation.

• As it stands, I believe they don’t get access to the advanced class currently in rotation. This is poorly documented, and I really don’t see the reason for it - The main incentive for registering is to save your progress.

• Speed up the free class rotation.
    * I believe it currently takes a week for the classes to rotate.

• A faster rotation would provide an incentive for players to return day after day, offering them a different experience each time rather than being stuck with the same choices for a week. It’s be easy for them to grow bored and find another game/something else to do during that time.

I believe that these changes should be relatively easy to implement for the impact they would have on the health of the game, particularly compared to more intensive work such as addressing balance issues or fixing bugs.

6 Likes

I do agree, except maybe class rotation to be faster, for simple reasons. Game has only 10 classes.If it swaps fast, I really don’t see a point of buying classes. Unless player wants to play 24/7 one class. For me it’s a sword with 2 sides. If they have fast rotation, they gonna get bored anyways, since no real goal like ‘imma play more to save for Assassin’ and instead of that ‘ill log in tomorrow to see is Assassin free, if it’s not, i’ll come back next day’. If game counts 25-30 classes, that would be ok, but even MOBAs, who got really a lot of different heroes, hold 1 full week rotation, with difference that they put 4-5 heroes on rotation (and u still can get in rotations the ones u already have).

Other issue is how game takes time to learn about it (made some big post on General discussion so u can take a look there) and the biggest problem is how new players don’t even bother to read controls.

2 Likes

Play more to save for Assassin is so me :smiley:

I think all have been in that situation when we saved for some class x’D
‘ok i bought Tank, I should save for a Commando now’ loool good times

2 Likes

Idea: Last man standing server

Create one server that is meant for competitive games, where at the End of the round a certain number of people with the lowest score get kicked and can’t rejoin within the next X minutes.

I don’t know what the current progress on more competitive modes / leaderboards ect. is but neverthelesss I would like to suggest this small competitve gameplay mode that would be easy to implement, in my opinion.

Currently, most of the time when a server is full, you will have about 2-4 good, competitive players and about 6-8 “guests” or beginners, this is sometimes a bit frustrating because good player effectively play 1v1 or 2v2 and the beginners can’t really learn how to play because they get killed if they get in the way.

I suggest we solve this with one or maybe two servers marked as “competitve” with the rules mentioned above.

The only problem I see is that right now there is no real score system and if we rank the players purely by kills, people wouldn’t want to play support classes. Ideally there would be a score system that takes into account kills, game objectives, amount healed, damage absorbed (with shield) ect.

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

To get around that difficult scoring question, it could be implemented so that only players of the losing team get kicked, this would at least somewhat ecourage players picking a winning strategy, instead of just going for kills.

Of course teams would still be shuffled after each round to avoid some players getting to stay on the server purely by having a few very good team members.

this not cool so good bye everyone

How do u create ur own private server?
Is that possible?

Nope.

Dang

I Havnt read much of the other suggestions, but what i do suggest is a Free For All (FFA) map of 12-14 players (would start at 6). The way i would rank people in this gamemode would be by thei kill/death ratio and i would reward players the following way.
Ex: 8 players in the map when timer ends… first player gets 800 z-cash, second gets 700 z-cash, 8th gets 100 (others get the corresponding amount to their ranking). If 12 players then first gets 1200 second 1100 etc. This way battles will be very interesting and it will be good money for the economy since as of for now, getting simply 1 upgrade on 1 character to max is about 2200 wins (13200 game wins for 1 maxed character) wich is in my opinion way too much for how little the upgrades benefit to the player. I Cant even max my first character so how could i think of having more than 1 char?.
Another suggestion is to give money depending on how many kills people do in a game. Ex sometimes i do 20 kills+ in a game but get 10 xp and 100 z-cash vs sometimes i can simply play slowly, watching tv and win the same rewards when im on a winning team. I Hope something gets made to make the economy slightly better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry to disappoint u maybe with this, but u shouldn’t use money first on upgrades since they are not changing anything. Buy all classes and if u have spare money to throw around, sure u can use on upgrades.

The damage u deal is exactly the same with +0 and +5, defense and speed and legit everything else what is listed for upgrading (note that game had long ago different way of upgrading but it was game breaking so devs removed it). The only difference is how u progress with time as player and understand game more, how much damage ur character deals and how exactly game works, because this isn’t another game where ‘X class is better than Y class’, it’s skill based game. So as example, how u aim will make u a great sniper, not how many upgrades u have.

Hope this explained it.

Also if low money bothers u, there is cash booster which always gives u double cash for 1 month I believe its 2$ only.

Is this for real? Why is there still an upgrade option if it doesn’t do anything?

That’s something old devs made, probably to avoid p2w system or imagine compared to u, how much adventage I would have after playing 3 years with fully upgraded all. As I said, old system did work differently, but it was game breaking and not balanced at all, so it got removed. I’ve only noticed tiny difference on Commando and Tank, but it was more like speed, got nothing to do with damage. Indeed it would be better to rework it and try to see for possible solution…like adding more bombs or something, can’t really think of what can be upgraded and still not break the balance. Maybe bit higher resistance on self damage.
We didn’t look more into this, there are higher priorities and this is something that came from old devs, not a system that id.net created.

So do the upgrades do anything at all or just a tiny amount? Because I always thought the system works, the improvement is just very tiny, it says you only get like 1% increase and in practise you wouldn’t really “feel” that.

If it doesn’t do anything I really really suggest it should be disabled because that’s kind of scammy, people are spending real money on this.

1% per upgrade, on +5 is 5%. So it’s not scan, since numbers/values are there and it’s pretty clear that 1-5% won’t change almost anything. It’s up to ppl to make that choice. Maybe there is some tiny difference on all, but overall, that’s how much u get, entire 5% max.

And again, system can be changed to a better one once. It wasn’t disabled all these years, no reason to be now.

Now I have an idea… A Large mode called “Warzone” The Rules are Simple: Get the most points. Kills get 10 points, and captured points give a max of 5 points for each point every tick. The max amount of points is 10000, because of the player amount. The overtime will be a rush time called “Base Raid” in which one team is confined to their base and class, while the other team must go to the enemy base and act as cleanup. there is no respawn at this point, but there is a spectator cam. Last team standing wins the game during a base raid.

Footwork and Thrust can have a noticeable effect at around +4. Well, I do feel a noticeable effect. Up to you to decide whether they are worth it or not.

I also upgraded the Defense of my tech to +5. A pro (dont remember which one) once told me I seemed to have way more resistance than usal techs. Defense doesn’t suffer from diminishing effects too.

Nah there is no more defense. U just learn by time how to dodge haha x’D (and nearly by that time u will have +5)
If u ask me, ur only defense depends on enemy ping lol.

As I said, it might be tiny, but per one upgrade it goes over 20k I believe. That’s why I said that it’s simple smarter to use cash on classes first, than upgrade (not like u can spend cash on anything else beside these 2).

And most important, damage is not changed.

Y8 Games