[Solved] Trying to use IDnet API for AS3, but it's giving an error

Hello guys, my name is Bruno and I am new here. I created an APP on ID.net with scores and achievements, I did the IDI.as too, but when I run the .swf, it returns the following error:

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2124: Loaded file is an unknown type.

I am using Adobe Flash CS4 with as3corelib (without this lib, JSON will not work).

Additional info: I used the as3corelib to make the JSON works on Flash CS4, I changed the code: var someName = JSON.parse(idnet.data.jsondata); to var someName = JSON.decode(idnet.data.jsondata); (line 29 of the IDI.as)

Thanks

Hi Bruno,

I don’t think using as3corelib will work because the AS3 SDK uses native JSON calls. You won’t have access to that code. I’m guessing that error is happening when the id.net SDK is downloaded.

You can try the instructions on the bottom of this page, http://dev.id.net/docs/actionscript/extra-resources/
Though, as CS4 is so old, it may not work.

Try that and let me know if it works. The other option is to download Flash CC trial or get a 1 month subscription. I think it’s $30 USD for a month access.

1 Like

Hello Eddie, thanks. I tried here with Flash CC trial and the problem has been solved. The id of my app is: 56e335d4e694aa157d0022a2, I tested here and it’s all working (achievements and scores).

I will wait the review now.

Thank you very much.

Hi, please click the request review button on the id.net applications page. Then our testing department will be able to review your game for you.

1 Like

Yes, I already did this since 03/11.

ok thanks for bumping us. This is a new system, so I will push the testing team.

1 Like

It’s appearing approved now. I set the showPreloader to true to show ads here, do I need to send again for approval or that’s ok? The ads are appearing fine.

For now, there is only one approval. This will probably change in the future though. To make sure the ads are working properly, it’s good to check the ad revenue page periodically.

1 Like

Yes, it appears fine here. In the “my games” section appears: “Failed loading games from id.net” but the number of impressions appears fine.

Where do I upload the game to apps.id.net?

Thank you for the support.

apps.id.net currently loads from our partner site Y8. Uploads can be sent here, http://static.y8.com/upload

1 Like

Very good, I sent there the version with showPreloader as true, do you believe this will break this rule?

“No excessive advertising”.

I just used advertising in the loading bar, I saw some games doing the same, so I decided that this doesn’t breaks this rule, if it breaks, just let me know please and I correct.

Sorry these tons of questions, it’s just because it’s my first time here.

Thanks Eddie.

Not a problem. I’m happy to see new users. Using id.net ads in a game submitted to Y8 is acceptable. After submitting a game, it’s just a matter of waiting. Give them at least a few days to review. If it’s not visible in a week, you could contact support here on the forum or through the support contact link on id.net.

1 Like

Hi Eddie, trying to access y8.com/games/my_game_name here, I see the page with my game there but the published date is empty and the game can’t be found listed on Y8 yet, I think the tags are missing too, only two tags.

Is there something on my side missing? I read in another topic that I need to update the game URI to Y8 after approved.

Thanks.

Edit: Oh, and yes, the API is really good and easy to implement and I will sure use in another games and recommend to some developers too. The only problem I see today with the API is the incompatibility with Adobe Flash CS4, I will probably use FlashDevelop to compile future projects.

Hi, Let’s wait a few more days. I think the content team will need to make any final adjustments and then set the game to released status. You could update your link in id.net to the Y8 now, that will help releasing the game faster on id.net.

Thank you, we may update the Flash API to use a custom json class in the future. That would solve the problem and allow CS3 versions of Flash to use the API. However, if anyone wants to continue with Flash you should update to CS6 before it’s impossible to find. As CS3 is almost a decade old now.

Hi Eddie, I opened a ticket yesterday at support.id.net

The link URI is already updated to Y8 since my last message here. If is there anything missing on my side, just let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Bruno, Sorry for the delay. I hope we can improve this process soon. I know you have been at this for a few weeks. I did see your name come up in the business group chat and it seems like the game was good for publishing on Y8 assuming the testing team is alright with it. I’ve asked and will try to push the game today.

1 Like

Hi Eddie, no problem. The delay was because some changes I needed to do, but I already did and sent to support again. I believe it’s fine now.

Thank you very much.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Uncaught exception:out of memory

Y8 Games