Resigning as a mod........again

So I just wanted to make a thread about why I no longer want to be a mod for this game. I did quit before when Frg had the game but Agoaj did ask me to continue to mod after I quit so that’s why I was still a mod. I just want to say I’m grateful for the Y8 staff trying to improve the game. But anyways here is why I’m resigning as a mod and no longer playing FFT anymore.

1. I don’t see a future for this game anymore. When Y8 took over I thought everything would be great and I was so excited. When they talked about plans for Webgl, I was still excited because the hacks would be patched. Even though we waited literally months, I didn’t care because I knew it would be a step forward towards a great future for the game. But then…reality kick in. People would PM me saying the bad things about webgl and even the developers/Y8 staff admitted that the quality of FFT won’t be as good. Now I’ve been playing FFT for a very long time now and I basically never lag. There is no way in hell I would play a game that is laggy. Playing webgl for the first time made me realize that I probably won’t be playing this. I thought when they took over they would make the game better, not worse. The webgl version of FFT feels like I’m playing one of the typical low quality Y8 games and FFT was never destined to be that. When Frg started this project, Y8 should’ve finished it the right way. I honestly think that Y8 doesn’t have enough developers (great ones) that can handle a game as complicated as FFT. It looks like they’re turning it into very low quality bad game that would only please new people who have no clue what FFT used to be. I doubt any of the current pro players will stick around for extremely long. I’m not trying to compare but what I had in mind for FFT was kinda like Overwatch/Team Fortress. Many classes/maps/abilities and with very good graphics, along with smooth gameplay. But like I said I do not think they have good enough developers to accomplish this as great as other games can.

2. The game is boring. None of my friends are ever on, and pretty much everyone I used to play with stopped playing FFT. I only see random players that I don’t even know. I don’t remember the last time I’ve played at least 2 full games.

3. The progress of this game did not make me happy at all. We waited I think 6-7 months for webgl and when it finally came out, it was nothing special at all. Imagine how long we will have to wait for more features.

4. I didn’t like the way I was being treated (sometimes) by Y8 staff. Honestly I felt like there was a lot of favortism that happened between the mods and a lot of bias. Whenever I tried to help in anyway or suggest new things I was always ignored. I also got picked on a lot the most in our separate chat that we have. I even got bashed for trying to help moderate this forum. I won’t name anyone specific but that’s how I felt. Some people may call me dramatic but hey, it happened and I dealt with it for months. I constantly had to defend myself against my own modding peers and I got tired of it. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Y8 staff. Ankit, is a very kind guy and Jeremie was extremely funny. Genard wasn’t around much but he was so nice also. But there is a lot of “behind the scenes” stuff I couldn’t take anymore.

5. Freaking hackers man. I got so tired of them. Endless kicking for hours and they would keep coming back. This was actually one of the main reasons i quit modding the first time. Honestly as a mod I felt like I was working a real job stressing myself out over freaking hackers because we couldn’t do sh*t about them but ban them.

6. I don’t have time. I go to work and school, this game is not a priority and it never was.

Like I said before, I just wanted to make this thread to explain why I’m quitting as a mod and playing this game. I’ve been with the game for almost 5 years and I didn’t like where the game was heading. I didn’t want to just quit without an explanation to my friends/community.

My suggestions: When people sign up for the game, make them have to verify emails first. That way you can limit the people that are just creating accounts to hack. Also find any alternatives than Webgl and maybe you can keep more players with FFT. You guys are a gaming company…you should know that no one wants to play low quality laggy games.

Anyways, sorry for the long thread. This is a valid topic that relates to FFT and It’s my opinion. I will still be in Discord and I’ll still check the forum, but I won’t be a mod and I won’t be playing the game. Thanks for the experience @Jeremie and @Ankit. Our old dev ignored us, but you guys allowed me to actually be apart of the whole experience and help out with many things. Good luck with FFT!

13 Likes
Y8 Games