How to update my games on Y8

Hi There,

How to update my games that has been sent to Y8?
Thanks in advance.

Indra

1 Like

Hi Indra,

Thanks for posting. There’s an email under the we buy games heading on the Y8 upload page. You will need to send updated game files there until we have a better way to handle game updates.

Thanks for your feedback, Eddie. I will try it :slight_smile:

Hi Eddie,

I have tried to email them but I still do not get any feedback.
and how long it takes usually for my games can appear on Y8?
do I get notified when my game appeared on Y8?
Thanks in advance.

Indra

Hi Indra,

Are you trying to update games that haven’t been listed yet?

I’m not exactly sure how long it will take. It depends on the content team that reviews games. Sorry I don’t have more information.

I don’t believe there are any notifications when a game is added. For now, you will have to periodically check back.

Cheers

Hi Eddie,

I am trying to update both of them(listed and reviews games).
Thanks for you feedback.

Indra

Hi Indra,

I have updated all of your games to the latest version.

Scott

1 Like

Hi Scott,

Great… Thank you so much Scott.
I have checked my listed games and it has been updated.
Hope my other games listed soon as well.

Indra

Not sure if Scott already told you, some games were blocked by the content team because of copyright issues. The Marvel quiz games had the issues.

Thanks for your information Eddie. May I know the detail about the issues? I have uploaded fantastic four trivia quiz before The Marvel quiz game and it works fine and listed in Y8. And how about my other games?
Thanks in advance.

When using art, characters, or assets from another company, it required to have a license. Some games with copyright issues could make it past the content team. Though, in time they will likley get removed.

Your other games didn’t seem to have any problems. As long as you are using original content, there is no copyright problems. However, I didn’t check all your games. I only scanned them quickly.

Hope this helps. cheers

Hi Eddie,

I checked my games today. one of my game suddenly had been rejected(in-games ads). it’s fine before. can you help me? here is the game ID: 5604ba6ed5593038cd000087.
and how about my other games. it has been a month but still does not appear on y8.com. may I know the status for it?
here are the game ID:

• 57149371d55930b80a00290e
  • 571dbd32d55930354900b626
  • 571da389e694aa306700a84d
    Thanks in advance.

Indra

Hi Indra,

I have enabled ads on the one game mentioned. I’m not sure why that happened but I have asked, maybe it was an accident.

About the other games and their status on Y8, I’m not sure. I’m not in contact with the content team there. It could be low priority or maybe they found problems. We have a task setup to allow developers to better manage their games on Y8, in time it should be easier. For now, it’s best to wait.

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for your help Eddie :slight_smile:
I will wait for it then.
Btw, May I know the contact for content team that I can email in the future?

Thanks in advance.

Indra

Hi Indra, there is a email contact form on Y8. However, I have never tried to use it so I’m not sure who handles that or where it goes. It’s worth trying though.

1 Like

Hi, eddie my name is Samone and I have been trying to reach you. I also wanted to know how to update my games on y8.

Hi Samone, same answer, just email the Y8 team.

Are you still on y8?

hey everybody

how do u update y8 games

Y8 Games