Hero Balance

I wish someone took a pic of my face after reading these words x’D

2 Likes

I wish someone took a pic of my face after reading these words x’D

Hello everyone. I’m a relatively recent player and let me just say, I’m totally in love with this game. I thank the developers for this and would like to contribute more and more as time passes.
I have read many posts( it’s quite fun reading everyone’s veiw points about the game) and the center of focus seems to be this very topic. Unfortunately, I have nothing to contribute directly to hero balancing since I am not in the position to do so.( I have played FPS and TPS before though, so I’m not a total outcast)
There is, however, something crucial and related to hero balancing that I would like to address. critical hits or CRITS.
The point of balancing heroes is to ascertain a fair balance of power so no particular class becomes OP. If the DPS is based on sheer luck, how’re we ever gonna understand how much a class needs buffing up or nerfing down?
Having some experience with assassin (I am not good), i can’t tell you how many times I had frustrations because of the uncertain nature of crits. Some people might say that since crits occur in every class and for every player, its not much of a big deal. But it’s not about that. A game like this should be based solely on skill and not on random luck. Because the scope for skill development becomes very narrow otherwise.
So I suggest crits to be removed completely from this game.

Its fine for me to remove crit in FFT.
I think they should also weaken the “Lock-on capture” radius in this game, along with the Blaster/Tank/Assassin mobility nerf.

???..

slide nerf**

Crit makes the game fun, rng gives games that little extra. I love being 2 shot by nico in my fully upgraded tank, mainly bc after playing for so long i no longer care bout KDA, i just want to have fun with friends and those times i get 2 shots are a good laugh. but im sure if i cared like i used to about KDA i would share your sentiments on crits. well, theyve always been there and i nvr minded them so nvm

Crits are needed to make the game more interesting. That being said, they’re a little too random for me.

If you guys think crits make the game interesting, hmm I don’t know, maybe I need to play the game more often. I’m just trying to say maybe, just maybe, the game would be more interesting if it is based purely on skills? :confused:

It is actually based on skills, I don’t know why you’re bothered of the crits

I do agree with u,it’s too much random. Same thinking as what Beli said.

1 Like

yea crits happen randomly!!

When rng hates you

Gunner: I feel is fine for most occasions. Although for some reason when using auto aim, shatter bomb doesn’t follow like it should.

Scout: Just fine

Tank: Nerf the AoE of the Concussion Bomb; once hit by this thing the tank puts you in a stun lock.

Tech: Nerf the repair beam slightly, but buff the Sentry.

Blazer: Slightly (like 10%) lower the damage on the flamethrower.

Assassin: Fix panic bomb on flamethrower bug.

Blaster: Greatly reduce both footwork and thrust for this guy. He is way too fast as a heavy.

Shocker: Lightning gun should not remove the effects of poison (that doesn’t even make sense how it does).

Bomber: Hail raiser should have a faster projectile.

Commando: Buff battle rifle to do a little more damage.

1 Like

lol,seems u have problem with every class except scout?that’s unfair dude

1 Like

Totally right. [quote=“huffyboy, post:270, topic:2090”]
Shocker: Lightning gun should not remove the effects of poison (that doesn’t even make sense how it does)
[/quote]

Since assassin is ridiculously powerful it’s good to have a class that can Counter it.[quote=“huffyboy, post:270, topic:2090”]
Bomber: Hail raiser should have a faster projectile
[/quote]

I disagree about that, bomber is completely fine, it depends on how you use it.[quote=“huffyboy, post:270, topic:2090”]
Commando: Buff battle rifle to do a little more damage.
[/quote]

1+

You’re right, hail raiser isn’t necessary to buff, but it would be nice.

Although for shocker it’s way different. In a loaded match with at least 1 shocker present there really isn’t anything an assassin can do, aside from panic bomb spamming the capture, which isn’t as effective as it sounds. Assassin is kinda overrated in my opinion. He can kill fast, but usually only against 1 target at a time.

You can just use a class that is able to counter it, i don’t see it fair for Shockers, if there is something like that gonna happen, then they better nerf some of Assassin skills.

Why would they nerf assassin if he isn’t even OP? He may be able to take down a few characters, but notice how it takes all of his abilities to do so. Assassin barely even changes the pace of the game. Shocker is already OP enough if he has the backup for it. Poison resistance doesn’t really affect shocker, it just hinders assassin and makes him near useless.

Actually if u check BR on Commando, u gonna notice it does more damage now. Numbers in values are not changed but there was something in Webgl that made BR more effective. Feel free to try it out. Blazer went a bit (cough, a lot) broken and at this moment, he is stronger than Blaster xD

Bomber would be too op buffed, I believe balance is nice on him. Hail already slows and in combo with mini or flaire it is a really good weapon especially vs Tank.

On the rest I would agree with whisper actually. Shocker is slow and swishy, with help of ur teammate that plays Scout, Gunner, whatever, it’s easy to take a single Shocker out. Like some maps are not great for Shocker and there Assassin can dominate a lot (space stat, Arena)

Tech needs some sort of rework, I agree. Turret is really weak and he is squishy as hell.

Both - Tank and Blaster should be slower.

Y8 Games