šŸ’« Freefall Tournament: General Discussion šŸ’«

not sure was he sarcastic tho lol xD

and no warm fuzzies, at least on my side, after being called like that every single day. itā€™s just annoying because usually they repeat it during the entire match and add few insults.

came back to play today it was good but too many guestsā€¦

+1 for andy hacker. plz ban.

2 Likes

I donā€™t need aimbot. Aimbot needs me.

In Soviet Russia:

3 Likes

In Russia support kills u

3 Likes

How long do I have to transfer my Kongregate data? As I have not done that yet, as since the change to remove hackers the game has been imposable for me to play as it has never loaded for me tho even if it did I probably would holed a 900 ping count. Anyway how goes everyone? (How many other players have left after @Rja12)

playin for an hour now (shuttle bay asia)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wzh2Fm2EIs

1 Like

Or this maybe :smiley:

2 Likes

@Robo11500 Hey lol. I just thought about this forum and decided to check. Anyways idk how many people left, but I know for sure that most of the core players are gone. As for me I wonā€™t be coming back.

2 Likes

still hoping

2 Likes

Lol, nothing wrong with that.

Tried playing once again in US servers and the pings are like 300+ in every single room. Iā€™m used to having the best ping in every room i play in and now itā€™s 300+. I know itā€™s not my computer because when I played FFT before my ping was extremely low. I walked out of base and someone shot me in .2 seconds because of the lag/delay all his hits were late and shot me all at once. This game is super unplayable, I canā€™t even manage to play for 2 minutes. Oh well. Any of my old friends from FFT still check the forum? If so, PM me.

Not really sure how u got 300 pingā€¦ I have 160 in US. Only Asia is high ping for me, which was expected anyways.

The game causes me to have 300 ping. My ping was always green before the update. If they expect the community to build super computers in order to play FFT then itā€™s not going to happen. The game is too unplayable which is why everyone left. I really think they made a bad desicion with what they did with FFT.

3 Likes

Game is working good for other players, its definitely playable(read communication of other players above) , if its not working well for you, you should get a better computer.Though agreed, it doesnā€™t have performance like Webplayer version.

As we said before, we rely on browserā€™s WebGL update(SIMD coming next), plus we are working on improving it with every update, and have some other plans for the game yet.

No doubt, game has delayed server responses, for which we have to find some kind of workaround for WebGL. This is something that needs research.

Moreover game is having 40k daily active players(ping me directly if you want to see those stats :smiley: ) , with guests being converted to idnet players at a good rate and ā€œretentionā€, which stands a good base.

For other players, who compares FFT WebGL performance with WebPlayer , we have better plans, weā€™ll let everyone know here when we achieve something on that subject.

5 Likes

My computer is updated and recently purchased this year. I run every other game I play smoothly, so itā€™s not my computer thatā€™s the issue. Like I said, before all the changes I never have any issues even when I had an old computer back when I first started playing FFT. My ping was always extremely low and I had no lag.

I donā€™t need to see stats because I believe you, but I can say that your current player base is very low quality compared to before. I see many guest players in most rooms. The regular players just walk around mindlessly and you can tell they have no idea how to play. They lack skill and the fun gameplay the old players had. Imagine a new player joining and adapting to what these currents players are doing. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if no one can play this game decently and itā€™s quite embarrassing to the game that no one can play it right.

Anyways just my opinions, but I hope in the future I can attempt to play this game again.

4 Likes

What lol. At the time Java wasnā€™t working for me. I did end up trying that game and never liked it.

@Joll

First, thank you for the game, it has come a long way since the beginning of the year.

The RC2 version ran very smoothly for me until 2 weeks ago. Since then, I have been experiencing a very bad ping in US rooms (ping of 60-80 vs 180-300+ ā€“ it never happened to me before). The server is having ā€œhiccupsā€, which translates by people teleporting here and there. I get killed all the time from nowhere. In 2 words, the game is plain unplayable.

Just like Rja12, I have bought a new computer this year (in late August) that is a huge upgrade compared to my old laptop. Itā€™s not a gaming computer, but it still has an i5 and can run games like Paths of Exile (very boring game btw).

Rja and me have been playing this game for more than 5 years now. I think we know when there is a real issue and you should at least take our opinions/observations into account. Maybe the issue is not on our side. Maybe itā€™s not on yours.

So what might be the problem? Rja and me both live in North America. Iā€™m not a computer geek, so I may be totally off, but is it possible that itā€™s a DNS issue of some sort or, at least, a problem between the server and our location? I must say Iā€™ve had some DNS issues this summer, that I fixed by using Google Public DNS. Can it be the issue?

@Rja12

Iā€™ve had a good time in September and October playing FFT, despite of the delays. Iā€™ve had lots of fun around midnight playing with Snit, Leonidas and a guy called Santiago. It reminded me of the old days. Iā€™ve met also that funny guy called Vengeance_. Well, itā€™s still possible to enjoy the game.

2 Likes
Y8 Games