šŸ’« Freefall Tournament: General Discussion šŸ’«

Glad you like my drunken ramblings but to call it writing seems a little grandiose

1 Like

I pronounce it ā€œthat poser who wishes he was ray mears, gryllsā€ but i assure you all thats quite normal here in britain

1 Like

wait are you doing sheep sounds? lol

1 Like

Theyā€™re so different yet share some similaritiesā€¦
I guess thyre both amongst the very few in the fft community who arenā€™t total idiots?

1 Like

Classic Ali G accent, fam. Itz wea itā€™s at.

1 Like

Yeah im just a part time idiot, i guess im just too lazy to dedicate myself enough to become a full blown dribbler

1 Like

No,that would be ā€˜beeeā€™.
i laughed at ā€˜bearā€™,one friend is British as well and it sounds so funny.

Once in middle of competitive game,few UK ppl argued.
ā€˜U gotta be from some ghetto part because of ur accentā€™
if i didnā€™t lose match because of these nubs,it would be hilarious.

4 Likes

Yeah the bear thing as pea said is the Ali-g style accent, although heā€™s a fictional character, along with most of Londonā€™s real population in my mind. Thats not what most people in the UK sound like.
The reason i said sheep sounds is the classic nursery rhyme baa baa black sheep

1 Like

Hah this friend is not from London.
Idk why many females likes guys with british accent xā€™D I mean, itā€™s fine, but nothing really special.

1 Like

Are they from the surrounding areas of london though cos the counties for about 50 miles around it also have a bit of the ali-g wannabe about them. As for women liking the british accent tbh thereā€™s absolutely loads of accents in britain that differ from london and home counties from the wurzel gummidge style of west country farmer through to norvern munkey ee bah gum and the high pitched squeel of liverpool as well as various scottish and welsh accents to name a few. Hugh grant does not represent the british accent or way of being no matter how much hollywood would like to believe it

1 Like

The real crime of accents is that we never got to hear andrew prowse, the body actor of darth vader, say any lines. He had the thickest west country accent ever, it would have been hilarious to hear him as the evil over lord

1 Like

Hah. No, in general itā€™s way harder to understand British ppl talking if ur native is not Eng. I felt like more focus is needed to be sure I heard all well on mic. But ik that a lot of girls are like ā€˜omg british accent, so hotā€™.
I see it more as funny than hot haha :smile:
And yeah, itā€™s the same in every country. I got ā€˜normalā€™ accent but 30km from my town accent is terrible.

1 Like

Apparently shnerzshnerger wanted to dub his own lines in german for terminator 2 but was told he couldnā€™t cos his native accent sounds too much like a farmer so they got someone else in for his voice lol

1 Like

I think you may be finding it tricky cos of being more used to american? Iā€™ve found a few people from northern europe, especially the nordic countries kinda sound american to me when they speak english cos of films and tv etc being a big influence on them.

1 Like

Iā€™m not used on Eng at all since here we donā€™t use it for anything. (in general my country lol)
And ye, my accent goes more on American, but u can hear a bit of ā€˜russianā€™ tone in it, u prob heard Russians talk on Eng xD Because we have strong R, while UK ppl got very soft, u almost donā€™t hear it
I talked on discord, but idk were u in these convos.

1 Like

nah i couldnt get my mic to work, i think i heard a couple of people in the background while trying to figure it out but they sounded american

1 Like

@UM_a is trying hard to sound like a British guy, too bad u missed that.

And that was probably one of very first convos, later there was no many ppl talking

1 Like

i would have liked to hear that lol

1 Like

Nah, my Italian accent was better :joy:

3 Likes

I donā€™t try, i hate being called british ffs

1 Like
Y8 Games