Current FFT Condition? (Bad Experience)

Not really. In terms of gameplay, webgl is still lagging behind. FFT beta was actually pretty smooth.

well i mean, it was FRGs game so they started from scratch. ID.net has had to get their code and make something out of it and that is extremely hard to do. to read someone elses code and be able to comprehend it. code is complex and sometimes you know whats going on and sometimes you have to play around with it just to figure out whats going on in a snippet

Light years difference between the two. Not even comparable.

1 Like

FFT is one of the most enjoyable and best online games I played but tbh… I’m losing attachment/loyalty to FFT as time passees by. I might forget everything about FFT sooner or later just like RC2, SK, and TDP4. (Ofc I don’t want that to happen)
Honestly, I don’t believe that the new FFT will be as great as the old FFT years ago, I don’t like the new players and FFT community though.

I missed the Golden Age of FFT, is the Dark Age over??? Is it really the renaissance age?

2 Likes

Pretty much this.

From what I know, the whole reason behind importing the game to webgl was to prevent further hacking. A browser based game is less prone to hacks than a game running on webplayer which stores some of the data on our pc.

I really dont understand why everyone talking here about webplayer when we all knows its neither supported by chrome nor firefox anymore. so no point even to discuss we ported the game to WebGL because we knew webplayer going to die sooner or later.

and now about downloaded version as I said before we might create it but no plans for now

I know Many of you dont like WebGL because of its lag but WebGL is the advance technology and it needs better processors and good RAM to run like every software you use have minimum recommended memory so does the WebGL (if you have decent processor of not more than 3-4 years with min 4GB Ram) it should work fine.

Most of the normals that play this game are little jimmys in nicaragua who had 1k ping and teleported even on webplayer

1 Like

I wonder how you came to that conclusion.

Is this game gonna have a future? Or will it just fade in to obscuretiy?

For sure it gonna have good future, remember its still in Beta.

1 Like

What progress has been made so far?

It’s not our computers that are bad, it’s that WebGL is laggy/jenky.

conclusion come to

Serious question: If you guys work on webgl for a while, will it ever reach a level where it won’t lag at all like weplayer? Or will the lag only become better and not stop comepletely?

2 Likes

It is very much possible with webassembly and we are testing it, hopefully you can see results soon.

1 Like

ok than would you mind sharing your computer specifications?

Also, keep in mind Unity player is dead. Playing intense 3D games in a browser without a plugin is relatively new. Good to remember that this tech is still improving.

1 Like

The thing is the older/loyal players will understand this and we will by more sympathetic towards the situation. But potentially new players who will join the game will judge it from first experience and if they don’t like it they will quit. New players won’t care if webgl is still improving or not, but they will simply quit. If I join another game, first experience is everything. To be honest I wouldn’t care about the issues the developers are having, if I don’t like the game at all most likely I won’t be coming back. So that’s the downside of experimenting with “relatively new” stuff.

I get it. As a developer, sometimes we have thousands of people tell us our game sucks. One my early games only played well on my computer… Until 3 years later when technology fixed my poor code. :grin: Lucky for FFT that browsers and Unity3D are working on ASM.js which should give browsers a performance increase close to downloadable games.

With FFT it’s not a WebGL experiment. Chrome blocked Unity Player and most players are using Chrome. This forced Unity3D to stop supporting Unity Player, and that forced FFT to switch to WebGL. Y8 is the leader with cutting edge web games. However, browsers are slow to agree on what updates to include, so we have to be patient during this transitional time.

The good news is that, we get awesome graphics right in the browser. Open web games have made it easy to be creative and try new things. So I’m trying to stay excited as we have good things coming.

5 Likes
Y8 Games