Current FFT Condition? (Bad Experience)

I just tried to play after about 2 months and there is barely anyone online. I literally counted 17 people playing. Before Webgl, even when the hackers were around there was always over 100 people playing.

Where are all the players? Is it because of the unity thing and people not being able to play? Or did all those people quit?

And honestly the game is still extremely unplayable. It’s extraordinarily laggy and I don’t see how anyone can play 1 decent round without quitting. I played for about 40 seconds in a game with like 4 people and i had to leave because no one was online and it’s too laggy. I honestly think webgl was a bad decision and the devs should’ve found another alternative to fix FFT.

I would honestly probably still be playing FFT more often in the hacker version vs the new webgl version. At least in the hacker version we had over 100 people playing and we could still find time to play fun games. Anyways I don’t really post/check the forum anymore, but i was just checking in to say my thoughts after about 2 months of not playing FFT. I hope FFT doesn’t die and that it can be saved from it’s current state because FFT will always be my baby. But I don’t see how anyone can play it right now.

2 Likes

Yeah the game performance and the overall experience in not very pleasant. A lot of work needs to be done on the webgl version. I believe people have left the game for these reasons. But i don’t think we should give up on fft yet. With time, the game graphics and performance can only improve so long the devs play their cards right. The only fear i have is if the devs just give up on the game. Otherwise, i’m quite optimistic.

Dont worry, the only truth about FFT is that it will improve with time.[quote=“Rja12, post:1, topic:5117”]
But I don’t see how anyone can play it right now.
[/quote]

I know we have asked you many many times to wait and yes we knows the game is getting delayed than we expected but we are still working really hard you will see moonbase map online very soon.

And for me I dont compare webgl with webplayer because they are 2 different technology and webplayer is dead, so point even to think about it and if you notice in last 2 months the game only improve.

2 Likes

I’m just wondering, what progress has been made?

1 Like

Hi Rja12.
Just to say I feel exactly the same way about the current FFT.
You are not alone and I hope FFT will soon be back as good as it was before.
Thanks to all the people working hard to make this possible.
Cheers!

Yeah, hopefully.

how passive aggressive of a reply

Which one?

Here is what a former dev of FFT said when speaking to him. Just wanted to post it.

1 Like

If that’s true (which I see no reason to believe it’s not, since agoaj knows what he’s talking about), I don’t get why FFT was transported to WebGL instead of a downloadable game. Downloadable games make way more money than an in-browser game tbh, plus the gameplay would be tons better. Better gameplay = higher chance people will spend money on it.

Truth.

Now ask agoaj why they didn’t do it in a first place and how Labyrinth went with only 10$ price.

I don’t see why you’re getting mad. He was asked about how the game would be like if it was downloadable and that was his response. That has nothing to do with Labyrinth or what he didn’t do with the game when he had it. He said the good and the bad things about the game being a download. Don’t get butthurt.

1 Like

How am I butthurt? Any game that I play private is strictly downloaded game.
But u showed only one side of it, by saying how it would be better as download game. So before u start a riot here, put all facts on the same place or ask agoaj for more answers.

How did i only show 1 side of it? He said the good and the bad things about it. I posted that to inform people about that option because Beli used to talk about it a lot. Did you ever see me type it would be better as a download game? No, I just posted the perspective of a developer.

You’re the only one getting mad and insulting Agoaj’s game for no reason. All I did was post Agoaj’s perspective.

What does that even mean? You’re kinda going a bit overboard and you’re getting a bit too dramatic.[quote=“Dea83, post:17, topic:5117”]
ask agoaj for more answers.
[/quote]

I don’t need more answers from him. We asked him about what he thought about FFT being a downloadable game and he told us what he thought. I just decided to share it here also. Stop getting butthurt and assuming that people are attacking the game. Not once did Agoaj bash FFT or say anything bad, but yet you go berserk and talk shit about him for no reason.

1 Like

I said ‘truth’ for what he told u, he isn’t wrong at all. But u forgot somehow that they adopted game to web player, instead of making it as download one. Thats why I told u to ask him why they never did it.
Completly twisting my words lol, nice one. How can u even twist that much from one sentence?

Any game is better as download game. U don’t have to be agoaj to know that, especially heavy games. U showed one side of it by saying ‘it would be better as download game’. But u didn’t said what is needed for that and why id.net didn’t do it. That makes a huge difference. And seems like ppl gonna get a lot of confused and start ranting to make it of it .exe instead. If that was possible for id.net, sure they would go for faster process and how Beli claims, more money earnings.
If u take a loook at it, how much u 2 spent on this game in 5 years? I know that i did about 20-25$, which is, from rational perspective, nothing or almost nothing for devs.

And about Labyrinth part, u also twisted that.
Game has nice concept and for sure they put a lot of effort/money in it. Reason why I mentioned it is how u actually pay fee to steam, which isn’t small number at all and how they had to put it free to play, on game that costed only 10$ because no one was buying it, even if it’s a good game. And why is that? because small companies cant compete with comercials like Blizzard or any new hardcore game.

If u want to discuss about something properly, then do a research about all.

You’re going above and beyond the whole point of me posting that picture. Like I said i was just posting his perspective.[quote=“Dea83, post:19, topic:5117”]
I said ‘truth’ for what he told u, he isn’t wrong at all.
[/quote]

Sounded like sarcasm to me.[quote=“Dea83, post:19, topic:5117”]
Completly twisting my words lol, nice one.
[/quote]

Thanks.[quote=“Dea83, post:19, topic:5117”]
How can u even twist that much from one sentence?
[/quote]

Magic.[quote=“Dea83, post:19, topic:5117”]
U showed one side of it by saying ‘it would be better as download game’. But u didn’t said what is needed for that and why id.net didn’t do it. That makes a huge difference.
[/quote]

I showed his perspective as a developer. I’m not a developer, so why would I say what is needed for that? That was just a conversation between two parties that I decided to share to enlighten some people about that option. I never said ID had to do it, so read carefully next time.[quote=“Dea83, post:19, topic:5117”]
If u take a loook at it, how much u 2 spent on this game in 5 years? I know that i did about 20-25$, which is, from rational perspective, nothing or almost nothing for devs.
[/quote]

That’s because the game has nothing to buy or offer. We’ve been stuck with the same items/classes for years. Games with actually new stuff, I’ve spent a lot of money on.[quote=“Dea83, post:20, topic:5117”]
on game that costed only 10$
[/quote]

It was painfully obvious you used that to insult the game, so try to make it seem like you didn’t just diss Laby because of the price.

I don’t even know why I bother responding to you sometimes. You’re still a drama queen and try to take a simple statement from Agoaj and attack people because of it lmao. No one bashed the ID team, that was just a different perspective they could look at when developing the game. Quit your bickering.

2 Likes

Because we don’t freaking know. It’s a mystery to us and makes no sense. Why make it a sub par online web browser game when you could keep it a top notch game and just convert it to downloadable? Initially, Ankit said it was too hard but Agoaj just said it’s not that hard to do, which leaves us with the same question.

1 Like

LMAO EXACTLY. Apparently we went to school and studied the reason why ID doesn’t do certain things. How would we know?

1 Like

this whole thing between GL and Webplayer reminds me of how so many people hated dark souls 2 because it was so much worse than the first one, i liked dark souls 2 bc in itself it was a good game. it was nothing like the first one which was amazing which is why everyone hated it. but they had nothing in common they were in different worlds with different everything.
Look at them as something seperate instead of GL being a successor to player(even though it is) GL isnt as good as player was but remember FFT in pre-beta? thats where GL is at

Y8 Games