Could someone give me a short recap on how the whole porting has been going for the last few months?

Hey. I have been away from this forum (and the game) for a few months. I couldn’t really find anything like this, so I would like to ask if someone can tell me what has been happening since Y8 took over. How is the developing going , what has been done until now and whats next?
Also how do I play now? From what Ive seen the kong version has been removed and there is no currently no tool to transfer kong accounts to Y8.

2 Likes

Developing has had a lot of changes since the change of devs.

Its more smoother than it was before, a few graphical changes, and colour adjustments.

In order to play just visit the original site, go to settings click on account transfer, click Kongregate if you’re on Kong, type in the code they give you in the “about me” box and click the verify button in the main site.

That’ll transfer the account, if it doesn’t load nornally just refresh the page.

Devs have been working on and off lately, considering how active the devs are and how much contact they make with us, they’re able to adjust tbe game depending on how us as players find the game.

So yeah hope this sums up for you.

4 Likes

@SoulFlare should have summed everything up quite decently for you.

Since Y8 took over they’ve done a large amount of work. :+1:

1. Aside from everything stated above, there have been some map changes, overall gameplay improvements and they’ve effectively removed hackers.

2. Regarding porting, the devs are currently working on moving the game over to WebGL from Unity. This is supposed make the game playable on all browsers as WebGL doesn’t need to be separately installed like the Unity plugin. Also, WebGL is supposed to be much harder to hack so the move adds some security to the game.

3. To play you can use your id.net account to login. Assuming you are from Kongregate, the account transfer tool was made live a couple of months back. If you can’t understand @SoulFlare’s directions use the link to the thread provided below:

https://forum.id.net/t/fft-account-transfer-faq/5605

4 Likes

Focus was on changing codes to make it Webgl and now we are improving it daily and fix new/old bugs, making it with minimum lag and delay is top priority for now. U can read ‘patch notes’ for some extra info. What is future plan is fixing space station, adding completly new map, rebalancing and more of fixing bugs.

1 Like

Alright. Thanks everybody for the quick and detailed answers.

1 Like
Y8 Games